PERU CULINARY JOURNEY
Amazing biodiversity, a ridiculously huge variety of local ingredients is the foundation for such a strong and ancient culinary tradition.
Each culture has combined their own flavors, cooking traditions and rituals with indigenous products from the Pacific Ocean, coastal rivers, high altitude plains and tropical forests to form the subtle complexity of Peruvian cuisine.
Each region offers unique specialties such as “tiradito”, marinated fish served in a yellow pepper or “rocoto” sauce from the coast; the pre-colonial Pachamanca cooked beneath Andean soil; and “chupe” a spicy shrimp bouillabaisse from the southern region of Arequipa. Tarapoto and its superb Amazonian culinary tradition combined with a visit to local chocolate, coffee and honey producers is an amazing option during your culinary adventure in Peru.
Peru was recently awarded as the World´s leading culinary destination by the Word Travel Awards, and Lima is with no doubt the food capital of South America.
• Hands on cooking classes.
• Dining at the best restaurants in Lima, Arequipa, Cusco or Tarapoto.
• Shop in authentic local food markets.
• Visit to sustainable farms.
• Explore agricultural Inca complexes.
• Extract salt from ancient salt pans in the high Andes.
• Spend time at a native Quechua community.
• Guided tour of the historic sites.
• Visit cacao farms in the cloud forest.
• Private guided tour of Machu Picchu.