Culinary Journey to Italy
La semplicità, ‘simplicity’ and the use of local ingredients are the essential elements of Italy’s “Slow Food” and the philosophy behind our culinary journeys in Italy.
Simple, fresh ingredients characterize Italian cuisine whether within a stone’s throw of Africa at the tip of Sicily, or in the region of Puglia home of over 60 million olive trees. Journey to the heights of Provençal-dialect Alps along the French-Italian border.
The cuisine and wine making traditions speak of the history, culture and geography of each Italian region, province, and valley, with signature foods and fine wines distinct from one village to the next.
Your culinary travels to Monferrato, the Ligurian coast, Lucca or Sicily were touched by the hands of emperors, feudal lords, dukes and marquises and guarded by the long memories of the villagers who have kept la cucina locale alive throughout the centuries.
• Walk in charming villages. special wine tastings.
Spend time in the forest with truffle hunter and his dog in search of the elusive truffle.
• Experiences at Slow Food establishments.
• Visit ancient olive farms and enjoy an olive oil tasting.
• Walk along ancient trains with spectacular views of hill towns and vineyards.
• Visit with cheese producers.
• Farm to table picnics in the countryside.
• Explore historical World Heritage Site cities and towns.
BACK TO THE TOP