Walking the ancient streets and rural paths in Italy remains one of those rare experiences in life – like a perfect spring day or the power of first love – that cannot be overrated.
In few places do history, art, fashion, food and la dolce vita (the good life) intermingle so effortlessly. There are sunny isles and electric blue surf, glacial northern lakes and fiery southern volcanoes, rolling vineyards and an urban landscape that harbors more UNESCO World Heritage sites than any other country in the world. Few places offer such variety and few visitors leave without a fervent desire to return.
The Sassi of Matera and the Puglia Region
Experience these regions combining activities on a bicycle and walking. Your active journey in Puglia will take you through the most amazing ancient villages.
A memorable guided journey in the regions of Basilicata and Puglia which lie in the heel of the boot, along the sun-drenched Adriatic Sea of Southern Italy. Experience these regions combining activities on a bicycle and walking. Your active journey in Puglia will take you through the most amazing ancient villages, mesmerizing landscapes along the mountains and seaside roads with farm to table culinary experiences.
Puglia and Basilicata offer access to the freshest seafood, crowd-free open spaces, irresistible desserts and pastries, distinct wines, and the 50 million olive trees that make Puglia the world’s leading producer of olive oil.
A Walking journey through the green heart of italy
Embark on a walking journey that will take you through many of the highlights of central and southern Tuscany before heading to the heart of Umbria’s medieval spirit
- Great walks through the vineyards of Chianti and the inspirational scenery of Umbria.
- Wine tastings in unique settings.
- Piero della Francesca in Arezzo.
- Cortona, home to ‘Under the Tuscan Sun’.
- The Romanesque abbey of Sant’Antimo, that echoes with Gregorian chant.
- Assisi, birthplace of Saint Francis.
- Walking over the Ponte dei Torri and Spoleto.
- The awesome Piano Grande.
- The gardens of the Villa Lante, outside Viterbo.
BACK TO THE TOP